Sunday, July 7, 2013

[SKINFOOD] Vita Water Drop CC cream *Floral Water Drop*

After trying [MIZON]'s CORRECT COMBO CC Cream and being positively surprised by its finish I wanted to give another CC cream a chance. To be more exact I purchased two and one of these was [SKINFOOD]'s Vita Water Drop CC cream.
This CC cream is available in two different designs: a blue tube (#D1 Smile Water Drop) and a white tube (#D2 Floral Water Drop). I don't know if there is a difference in the CC cream itself but I got the Floral Water Drop one. Somewhere I was reading that the CC cream in the white tube is good for reddish skin but I'm not really sure about that.
This products are a collaboration with 'water drop sonata'!

Description: Perfect All-in-one CC cream that absorbs in the skin deeply and makes the skin smooth.
It works as skincare + make-up and makes the skin tone brighter. SPF35 PA+++
As already said, the Floral Water Drop comes in a white tube and contains 30g. On the front is a cute print designed by 'water drop sonata'. The tube comes with a pump and has only the korean description on the back.
As the description is only written in korean it's also hard for me to read the ingredients. I still could find out that this Vita Water Drop CC cream contains extracts of Tomato, Celery (300mg), Broccoli, Apple, Carrot, Pumpkin (300mg), Asparagus, Raspberry and more.

As the other CC creams I've used so far had a whitish color, I expected the same from [SKINFOOD]'s Vita Water Drop CC cream. But this CC cream comes in a beige shade with a slight pinkish undertone. I was highly sceptical at first because the color doesn't look like my skintone. Surprisingly, the rather watery CC cream blends in very good and fits my skintone quite well afterwards. My skin feels smooth, looks brighter and less reddish. 
Unfortunately, it has just a sheer coverage since it's supposed to be a color correcting cream. The scent is not too bad and reminds me of a floral/ vegetable scent.
I like this CC cream because it evens out my skin tone, makes it less reddish and smooth. But since my skin often needs a better coverage I will use it mostly in combination with a BB cream or face powder on top. It even doesn't come with a great oil control what makes it a better product for those with normal or dry skin.


Price: around 9,- €/ US$12 
Bought at: eBay (iamlove-shop)       
 
What I love:    
The cute design and that it evens out my skin tone. 

What I don’t like:  
The sheer coverage is not perfect for those with skin problems. 

Will I buy this again? No, I will give other BB creams or CC creams a try.

10 comments:

  1. glad that you're back! hope you keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I should be way more active here. >< But I'm busy with studying.

      Delete
  2. whrere have u been? nice post heheh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing a further education as financial accountant and am busy with studying atm. ><
      Will still write some reviews from time to time.

      Delete
  3. haven't seen any reviews on this cc cream before! thanks for review ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, haven't seen reviews for this CC cream as well. It's not the perfect cc cream for people who wanna cover skin blemishes like me. But for others it could be good. =)

      Delete
  4. you have been gone for so long :c
    Thanks for reviewing, this cc cream doesnt seem to receive as much rave as others

    http://qorea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm really busy with my studying. >< Got another CC cream and a BB cream to review soon. =)

      Delete
  5. Oo, thank you for the review! I really love the packaging, heh. ^_^

    [Quick etude house giveaway!] Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is really cute. I also purchased the new Facial Ice Vita Cream which comes with a similar design. ^^

      Delete