Sunday, March 4, 2012

[Holika Holika] Cherry Blossoms Essence Sheet Mask

During my stay in Malaysia, Taiwan and South Korea I found out that Asian countries got a lot of sheet masks. As someone who raised up with mud masks this was kinda new for me. After trying out some I can say that I don't really like them. The sheet masks are always way too big for my face and I can't walk around while wearing them because sooner or later the mask will fall off. With mud masks I won't have that problems.
Nevertheless, I bought some 'interesting' sheet masks or got them as a freebie. One of them is the [Holika Holika] Cherry Blossoms Essence Mask Sheet.

Description: Containing essence of cherry blossoms extract that's rich in minerals, it provides water and nutrition to the skin to keep it moist, and clears up the skin tone to make clean and shiny skin.
The packaging contains just one sheet mask, so you can use it for one (1) time only.
On the front is a pic of korean boyband CN BLUE and on the back is the description of how to use the mask (in Korean, English and Japanese).
20ml of product are inside the sheet!
The Cherry Blossom Sheet Mask got the nice scent of cherry blossoms which reminds me of the BODY BUTTER from [THE BODY SHOP] I used ages ago.
I used the mask after I cleaned my face with the clarisonic Mia and my skin was burning a little bit while wearing the mask. But afterwards I could see that my skin looked a bit brighter and wasn't dry anymore.
How to use: Apply toner to cleanse the skin after washing.
Open up the package, unfold the mask sheet and fit the mask over the face according to the shape.
Peel off the mask after 15~20 minutes and pat the remaining essence gently to absorb.

Price: around 1,50,- €/ S$2.50 
Bought at: iheartkoreanbeauty.com  

What I love: 
The scent and my skin looks a bit clearer afterwards.


What I don’t like:  
Those sheet masks never fit my face. 

Will I buy this again? Will try other ones probably.

14 comments:

  1. "The sheet masks are always way too big for my face and I can't walk around while wearing them because sooner or later the mask will fall off. With mud masks I won't have that problems."

    I agree! the masks are always too small for my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. correction: TOO BIG for my face

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like that! Some areas got so much sheet that I have to fold it and other areas got nothing.... Thought it might be my Caucasian face shape but when you got the same problem it can't really be. o3o

      Delete
  3. I think that all depends on the mask you use. I got the one of your review from Bellogirl as a free sample with my purchase order and I liked it. I don't know if I would like other brands but definetely this one yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the mask but not those sheets. They never fit my face. That's why I prefer mud masks!

      Delete
  4. wow.. do you have clarasonic mia??
    i heard the clarasonic mia is soo pricey >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is pricey but totally worth it!!

      Delete
    2. It is pricey but still the best face brush on the market. I got my Mia for US$95. =)

      Delete
  5. i hate how masks never fit my face >_>

    i nominated you for an award <3
    http://thethoughtsbasket.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/versatile-blogger-award.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yap, I hate that, too. Mud masks fit perfectly! xD

      Thanks for the award. How can I put it in my blog?? o3o

      Delete
  6. ahhhh i love CN BLUE!!!! maybe i should get it just for them lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have the empty package if u need it. xDD

      Delete
  7. I agree that face sheets never seem to fit perfectly. They're always to big! D: My beauty diary face masks work well too!
    :D CNBlue~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that the sheet masks are made to fit every face but it is too big for my one. I don't like that!! Mud masks always fit perfectly! =P

      Delete